Jim's Richard III Blog

What had started as a blog of Richard III rehearsal process at Cal Shakes has now evolved or devolved into a small novella. The author is petrified to change the name for fear it'll disappear, and wouldn't know what to call it anyway. Many stories are included and questions are even answered sometimes!

Tuesday, August 14, 2007

A Note To Ding

Sir-

I did a play in Portland Oregon in 1992 called M. Butterfly and had the pleasure of performing the role of Marc. We had 3 amazing performers from China in the cast as well: Louyoung Wang, Man Wong, and Ding Mei Kui.

I was writing about this experience recently and wanted to make sure I spelled their names correctly but could not find my old show program, so I did a search on the internet; I found Louyoung but was unable to locate Man Wong.

I found your name as well, listed as producing director of the Qi Shu Fang Company. It seemed a shame to just look up the name and not say hello to one of the performers whose skill, grace and kindness I remember so well. If this is not the same Ding Mei Kui of my memory I offer my apologies for the intrusion, but if it is I'd like to send greetings to you and to your wonderful wife and family from a friend of past times.

Best Regards,

Jim Carpenter

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home